Re: Oracle jobs not running. Help

From: Nat <natalia.poggi_at_spm.com.ar>
Date: 17 Sep 2003 11:43:59 -0700

Thanks for your comments Herald.
I knew the couse of the problem.

I'll tell in case it helps.
The cold backup took longer than usual and I am not allowed to have the db down past 9 a.m. so I canceled it by killing the process.(We launch the backup by cron). And then tried to start the db but it told me that Oracle was already running. Aparently I killed first the process that was making the tar file and by the time I killed the backup.sh it has started de db. I didn't think much at that moment - I was in a hurry - so I issued shutdown immediate then I realized what was happening and canceled the shutdown. As a result the db stayed up but the ora_snpxx_sid processes where not runnnig.

I was looking for a way to fix the problem without bouncing the database. But I did not find it. Finally I did bounce the db and my jobs are automatically running again!!!!!!!1

Thanks again

Nat