Re: RAC & Linux

From: pdxkevinc <member40020_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:19:52 -0400

Piet,

  Of course I don't mind you mentioning other products.

   The architecture you mention, OCFS for datafiles and NFS for Software    ( Oracle Home) is popular. I think it has problems however. I'd hate    to see the filer crash. SANS can be architected with full redundancy    so Oracle Home is always available... but this is not a call for    religious wars :-)

     When it comes to clustered filesystems, folks seem to forget that
     there is more to a database than the datafiles. There are external
     tables, imp/exp/SQL*Loader input file, reports, config files,
     compressed offline redo logs, etc etc etc... these things all
     require a general purpose CFS...

     Again, not a call for religious wars.  I do want to provide a URL
     to the paper that Piet and Jim refer to...it is on the openworld
     website or on polyserve.com:

https://www.oracleworld2003.com/published/36700/OOW2003_Paper36700.pdf

http://www.polyserve.com/pdf/FDC_paper.pdf