Re: Toad Server Dump

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:55:29 +1000

Chong Pok wrote:

> I have got the following Red Dots in Toad Server Stats.
>
> library cache get hit ratio 81.4550 dynamic or unshareable
> SQL?
> library cache pin hit ratio 84.29 Shared Pool area too
> small
> chained fetch ratio 3.8507 PCTFREE too low for a
> table
> parse/execute ratio 138.5849 high parse to execute
> ratio
> DBWR avg scan depth 623.4747 #DB_FILES too high?
>
> My server is slowing down in the past few days. Any suggestion to improve
> the situation?

This is a good answer to the thread earlier in the week about baseline statistics. Who knows whether 81.45% library cache hit ratio is good or bad? What was that ratio before the database started slowing down?

A number by itself, in other words, is pretty well useless.

Do a Statspack, and visit www.oraperf.com to have them analyze it (for free). You'll get much more meaningful advice from there than from Toad, and they will point out wait events that are occuring, and probably causing your trouble.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Sep 17 2003 - 08:55:29 CDT