Re: Fed Up with being a DBA

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 06:24:21 +1000

Alan wrote:

> Howard,
>
> Any chance of your reissuing your backup and recovery document? It should
> be standard issue with every installation, and now that you are no longer
> under the Oracle copyright...

Hi Alan:

I can't just 're-issue' it, I'm afraid... it was written when I *was* an employee, so therefore would still fall under their copyright claim.

No, it will have to be a re-write. Which is OK, because it needed it anyway, and a lot has happened since 8.0 in terms of standby databases and log_archive_dest_n parameters.

I still work for Oracle until October 6th, too. So my fingers mustn't touch the keyboard until October 7th.

But be assured: it, and a lot else, will begin to appear shortly after that.

Best regards,
HJR Received on Tue Sep 16 2003 - 15:24:21 CDT