Re: Physical Layout of disk to use Oracle

From: Hari Om <hari_om_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Sep 2003 12:36:58 -0700

Thanks Adon.

You said: "Underutilized disk SYSTEM, ARCHIVE and INDEX tablespaces, probable hotspot on ROLLBACK, possibly over utilized DATA."

could you please elaborate on this....? I am thinking of implementing  RAID 5 for my DB which would have 6 disk - each 36GB.do I still need to consider SAME....? Kindly elaborate. I read SAME Paper @ OTN Web site but it seems it does what RAID 5 does....THANKS!

Also, MK in his/her reply mentioned that to have DATA and INDEX on same TABLESPACE......I don't think so he/she is right on this....correct me on this if I am wrong.

MILLION Thanks!