Database Upgrade: 9i Or 10g

From: Sean Chang <sean_at_cnfei.com>
Date: 16 Sep 2003 12:28:13 -0700

Hello, Everyone,

Our company is currently running Oracle DB 8.1.7 EE in Solaris 8, we are planning to upgrade our database during this winter to a newer version in Linux. Which way should I go--- directly to Oracle 10g ( suppose 10g is available then) or to Oracle 9i only. In one hand I have read Oracle 10g has some nice new features, on the other hand Oracle 9i has been out for a while and it's likely more stable.
Please advise.

Sean Chang
sean_at_cnfei.com Received on Tue Sep 16 2003 - 14:28:13 CDT