Re: Latest Oracle client version for 8i (8.1.7)

From: Dave Hau <davehau_nospam_123_at_nospam_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:59:48 GMT

Dave Hau wrote:
> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
>

>> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:42:44 GMT, Dave Hau
>> <davehau_nospam_123_at_nospam_netscape.net> wrote:
>>

>>> All subsequent bug fixes go into the 9i tree
>>

>> Rubbish
>> The current version 8.1.7.4.10

> I stand corrected. Critical bug fixes go into minor patchsets. Bug
> fixes deemed by Oracle as non-critical or feature enhancements go into
> the 9i tree.
>
> The current version is 8.1.7.4.12. Search for patch 3058705 in metalink.

I would still recommend for the original poster to use the latest 9.2.0.4 client with her 8i server though. Some of the "non-critical" bug fixes that are checked into the 9i tree but absent from the 8i tree may include significant performance improvement of certain routines under certain conditions.

HTH,
Dave