Re: Physical Layout of disk to use Oracle

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:43:18 GMT

> Also Adams himself says: "Indiscriminate broad striping randomizes
> all I/O and makes service times uniform." And I say - makes service times
> more uniform and more predictable over the time.

But isn't that playing down the lowest common denominator? We can either strive to make every individual the best that they can be, or we can make us all the same. Since one of us can't be the cream of the crop, none of us are.

Just my 3.14159265 cents worth,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com