Re: RAC & Linux

From: Tanel Poder <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:47:03 +0300

Hi!

I'm not a OCFS expert, but I think it was meant only for sharing Oracle database files and software installation between instances, not for "regular" files. Others may comment on their experiences, but I would do loading on one instance anyway, if it handles the load. Second instance would be configured to be able to do the load, but it wouldn't be doing it normally. If one node fails, it's (non-OCFS) filesystem on EMC would be mounted by other server and the load would be restarted from there.

Tanel.