Re: Most frquently used SQL- Set transaction isolation level

From: Erik Domstad <d2domer_at_dtek.chalmers.se>
Date: 16 Sep 2003 05:46:59 -0700

OakRogbak_erPine_at_yahoo.com (OakRogbak_erPine_at_yahoo.com Kill the 2 trees in email address to reply) wrote in message news:<13fdc9b4.0309080938.7747d2ae_at_posting.google.com>...
> Is this a bad thing, like my CPU is doing extra work, or should I just
> forget about it and look at real SQL statements?
> -Roger
>

> > This is most likely generated by your ODBC driver for every new connection
> >
> > /Erik

If you need that isolation level, there is little you can do about it. If you don't need it, try to use the default instead and you could get rid of the statement.

The statement it self might not be resource heavy but more importantly, this probably indicates that you are creating a lot of new connections and dropping them after only a few statements, which can take up a lot of resources. Try to use some form of connection pooling if possible.

/Erik Received on Tue Sep 16 2003 - 07:46:59 CDT