Re: setting up oracle 9i server

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pl>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:26:41 +0100

Uzytkownik "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> napisal w wiadomosci news:1063692973.944132_at_yasure...
> John W wrote:
> As I said ... I'll help if your instructor contacts me. But an
> instructor that teaches SQL but can't install
> brings many images to mind. How can you teach Oracle if you don't know
> sytax as simple as CREATE USER?

Oh, what do you need to know that syntax for, nowadays. Since i'm using DBA Studio, i just simply choose 'Create' then 'User', then i choose tablespaces,
will grant roles and finaly accept with 'Create'. If i want to see sql i simply look into 'show sql' and got it :-) It works fine also with creating tablespaces, datafiles etc..

Otherhand, i've got script written in 1997 to create larger rollback segments for 7.x database.
It's still faster to create 24 rollback segments with script. :-)

--
Noel