Re: ORACLE requirement to implement automatic standby DB

From: KevJohnP <nospam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:34:16 +1200

In the wake of the California licensing case Oracle published a document to clarify many common licensing issues. The document is here http://oracle.com/corporate/pricing/index.html?sig.html

As stated by Lear for replication the document implies you need to license both servers. You may be able to negotiate is probably the best advice - at a previous site Oracle wanted us to license our Disaster Recovery system and quoted this document. We managed to avoid this owing to documentation we managed to find on a prior agreement with Oracle that our DR systems were included - so get any such agreements in writing for future use.