Re: Itelligent Agent doesn't start after changing hostname !!!

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:53:26 +1000

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

>> doesen't

>>> Find the ORACLE_HOME\network\agent directory. Delete services.ora, and
>> *.q,
>>> then attempt to re-start the agent (which will re-create all the files
>>> you've just deleted, as it does at every startup).
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> HJR
>>
>> You've solved my problem . Thanks very much.
>>
>> Agnieszka

> Just in case this ever arises again with someone else (someone else who,
> hopefully, knows how to google!), it works because services.ora contains
> lines such as these:

Let me try that again!!

...lines such as these:

mozart.aldeburgh.com = (ORACLE_NODE, mozart.aldeburgh.com, mozart.aldeburgh.com,
(PLATFORM=(osName=Linux)(osVersion=2.4.20-8)(oracleHomes=/u01/app/oracle/9i)))

...so the hostname is hard-coded in the file the agent uses to attach to instances. Change your hostname, and the file is now pointing somewhere into a black hole. Delete the file and get the agent to re-create it from scratch, and Lo! The agent will populate the new version with all the right host names.

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Sep 15 2003 - 17:53:26 CDT