Re: Simple Upgrade questions

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:56:03 +0200

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>I am so stunned by your response I'm near speechless. And it takes a lot
>to shut me up. ;-)

Obviously, you did not credit my warning as I was saying that I am not concerned about details (I understood everything I have read about the question). I was lacking the basic understanding of the upgrade procedure. Oracle documentation tends to be long-breathing.

Since I never did any upgrading, it was not clear to me whether upgrading would refer to the binaries as well (it refers only to the DB files). Which is impossible for you to imagine. So we found the real cause of your spechlessness: Lack of imagination.

>Isn't there someone else in your organization that can perform this
>upgrade. It seems you really
>need a mentor from inside your organization or should hire a consultant
>for a week.

If I remember right: laughing on the floor... or something similar. Don't need any consultant.

Rick Denoire Received on Mon Sep 15 2003 - 15:56:03 CDT