Re: Specifying drive letter in RMAN

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 06:23:19 +1000

muruganmr wrote:

> I have text file which is uploaded in oracle using sqlloader. While
> uploading the text files, the following error is displayed as given
> below,these messages are displayed in log file.
>

> SQL*Loader: Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production on Sat Sep 13 10:42:1 2003
>

> (c) Copyright 1998 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>

> SQL*Loader-500: Unable to open file (M:\031\DTIT_INS.ctl)
>
> OSD-04002: unable to open file
>
> O/S-Error: (OS 2) The system cannot find the file specified.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> --

Sorry... but your post doesn't make a lot of sense. Your thread title indicates an RMAN issue, your post content a SQL Loader issue.

And assuming it *is* an issue with SQL Loader, what's the problem? Do you have an M: drive? If so, what's happened to it? Can *you* see the M: drive in Windows explorer? Can *you* see the file mentioned in Windows Explorer?

A bit more detail on symptom research needed, I think.

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Sep 15 2003 - 15:23:19 CDT