Re: Oracle 8.i --> Oracle 9i + Unicode

From: Nat Lang <nat_langs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2003 11:23:23 -0700

Hi Tanel,

I just tested it against my database, all 4 characters occupied 2 bytes each in my AL32UTF8 database.

Can you execute the following SQL statement against your UTF8 db

select a, lengthb(a), dump(a) from t

I will be interested to see what are the actual encoded values inside your db.

Nat Received on Mon Sep 15 2003 - 13:23:23 CDT