Re: ORACLE requirement to implement automatic standby DB

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:07:35 -0700

Charly wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>Sorry if this has been discussed previously. I searched this newsgroup
>but did not find anything straigthforward...
>
>I'm using Oracle 8i (8.1.5) Standard Edition on Windows 2000 for a CIS /
>billing system. The size of the DB is about 50Gb.
>
>I'm planning to implement an automatic standby database as described
>here :
>http://www.oracle.com/oramag/oracle/99-May/index.html?39or8i.html
>
>Can anyone tell me what are the licensng requirement from the Oracle :
>
><snipped>

You need to check your specific license with your legal department or Oracle as no one can possibly know what your company signed and certainly not as far back as 8.1.5. My current licenses allow multiple stand-by databases as part of the license and at no additional cost. That may not be true going back that far and may not be true for others.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu