Re: Polling SQL Queries

From: KJD <kjdama_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2003 03:00:49 -0700

> Sybrand does know. But unlike you he isn't so cavalier in his attitude
> as to say "Who cares if it is
> going to bring the instance to its knees!" ... he obviously does. And he
> appears responsible enough
> to concern himself with concepts like ethics, responsibility, and other
> outmoded not so sexed up
> concepts too from what I've seen.

Daniel, I have no doubt that Sybrand knows his stuff and I totally agree with your comments. However, this does not give him the right to be judgmental and be making statements such as "but you seem to like wasting your time and your boss money". Part of being ethical and responsible is to stick to professionalism and constructive critism and not resort to offensive tactics. Most people who are using the newsgroup are doing so to learn. For the timid users, responses such as Sybrand's may scare them away from coming back to the newsgroup which may be their only convenient resource for learning.

KJD Received on Mon Sep 15 2003 - 05:00:49 CDT