Solved: Materialized view replication and foreign keys

From: Antonios Christofides <A.Christofides_at_itia.ntua.gr>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:08:39 +0000 (UTC)

Frank wrote:
> > Am I missing something painfully obvious? What is the correct way of
> > maintaining copies of the master's fk constraints on the mview?

> deferrable initially deffered strings to mind.

Thank you! I guess you meant "constraints" when you wrote "strings", but that was a good solution. I actually made them initially immediate, intending to run a "set constraints" command before dbms_refresh.refresh, but it appears that dbms_refresh.refresh does that anyway, so all you need to do is make them deferrable. Received on Mon Sep 15 2003 - 04:08:39 CDT