Re: Please help: Oracle9i/AIX5.2/Veritas vxvm raw devices Problem

From: A. Fuentes <alvarof2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 05:10:27 GMT

Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, /dev/vx/rdsk/oradg/system1, /dev/vx/rdsk/oradg/log1, /dev/vx/rdsk/oradg/log2,
etc are SEPARATE volumes!. system1, log1, log2, etc are the names of the volumes
(Not the names of the files to be loaded in the volume or partition). oradg is the Veritas
disk group.

So all the issues of the original posting still aply.

Any ideas/suggestions/clues about the original questions will be greatly appreciated.

Best,

  1. Fuentes 512-297-9937

P.D.(Also, as is always the case, I also check and recheck, literature, manuals,
Google, etc before posting)