Re: Simple SP with Simple SELECT

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 04:45:17 GMT

"Heather B" <private_at_private.private> wrote in message news:vm7s4u2guph3d4_at_corp.supernews.com...

> hi there,
>
> i am new to oracle, but not new at all to sql or to coding stored
> procedures. i am trying to write simple stored procedure in plsql for
> oracle 9, and my sp needs to simply return a full recordset. no
parameters,
> no where clause, nothing else. just a simple select. but oracle is
> erroring, reporting that i am missing my into clause in my sp. i have
> searched the web and found only sp examples that have select into and then
> output parameters that somehow contain the fields of the recordset. is
this
> the only way? isn't there a simpler way with no parameters, and just a
full
> recordset being returned in response to a query?
>
> thanks for any help.
>
> heather

UGH MAYBE TRY WRITING IN ALL CAPS AND NEVER PUT ANY PUNCTIOTION MARKS HAVE YOU TRIED RTFM OR GFOING TO OTN.ORACLE.COM AND DOING A SIMPLE SEARCH NOT ONLY THAT THEY HAVE A TON OF EXAMPLE OR ASKTOM.ORACLE.COM MIGHT BE A GOOD PLACE OT DO A SEARCH REF CURSOR IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE SEARCHING FOR ISN'T THIS EASY TO READ
Jim Received on Sat Sep 13 2003 - 23:45:17 CDT