Re: Tom Kyte a false idol?

From: Bryant <member31797_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:26:38 -0400

> The service he provides is worth a lot.

You bet. I'm sure Oracle pays him a great deal of cash to be so generous to us mere mortals who do not have access to the system internals!

> Should he feel proud?

Are you kidding? If it were me, I'd be ashamed and embarassed to make a huge salary, plus take credit for having "insights" that only somebody with the source code would know.

Also, isn't much of the stuff in his latest book just copies of content that readers can get for free on the "asktom" website?

The only thing I'm in "awe" of is his gall. It takes balls to charge $41.99 for something that he has already been paid to produce, plus published in other places.