Re: Tom Kyte a false idol?

From: Bryant <member31797_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 02:32:21 -0400

> I was also suprised to find that Kyte is

> not "worshipped" by everyone, and there are those who say that he is

> arrogant, snitty and insulting. I've been told that he sometimes

> refers to questions as "stupid" on his asktom web site, and openly

> insults people at public appearances.

LOL! That was my exact impression, although I would add "prissy" and "rude" to the description!

I had the misfortune of meeting him at an Oracle Symposium, and was shocked at how rude he was. He even insulted the host and mocked some of the questioners for being too ignorant.

Kyte is an incredible jerk, IMHO.

What a joke on his Amazon reviews. The book is out less than a week, and has over 350 5-start reviews! Tom Clancey, Michael Crighton and Ernest Heminhway would not get that positive response for a top-selling novel. It could only be done by a marketing machine like Oracle.

I'll bet 90% of them are Oracle employees. . . .