Re: temporary tablespaces

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:06:53 +0200

"David COSTE" <dco_at_compaq.com> wrote in message news:Onl8b.4630$je2.2848_at_news.cpqcorp.net...
> It's because my batch processing consumes temporary segments and I don't
> want to see it run out of space because some one would have launched a big
> query with an order by.
> The idea is to avoid sharing the same temp tablespace for the 2
activities.

This is not going to help you at all. If you set up 2 different tablespaces for 2 different users/processes, those processes will still be capable to have your temp tablespaces out of space. Make sure you have adequate space, as disk is cheap, and stop symptom fighting.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA