Re: Questions on External Tables - OOPs

From: Turkbear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:37:18 -0500

>>> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp
>>> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>>> (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)
>>>

>Are you planning to run SqlLoader on the Server? - Why?
>
>If on a client then there would be no problem mapping the drive.

Sorry, I was still in the SqlLoader, not External File context.

( For Oracle to 'know' about the external file the account the Oracle service runs under needs permission to access the shared drive and it probably needs to be specified with UNC not Drive:\pathname - But not sure about that part) Received on Fri Sep 12 2003 - 11:37:18 CDT