Re: How to arganize my scripts ?

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:46:41 +0200

"Rob" <donaldduck_at_ducktown.usa> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bjsil4$52t$1_at_reader10.wxs.nl...
> Hi there,
>
> I am new to the oracle DBA world and i seem to slowy gather a lot of
scripts
> to perform daily tasks for me.
> The number of scripts gets more and more.
> I now find myself asking "what did i call this script" when i want to
> execute it from SQLplus.
>
> So my question is "How do you guys organize your scripts ? "
I administrate from a linux client so I do shell scripts: #!/bin/sh
sqlplus ... <<EOF
select * from...
EOF and give those scripts good names.

If I had to do anything bigger I'd probably switch to Tcl or Perl scripting and used the guis available to them.

Tcl (and oratcl) are available for Windows from tcl.activestate.com and I'm sure there exist perl implementation for MSW and oracle too.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Fri Sep 12 2003 - 09:46:41 CDT