Re: OT - with PL/SQL in 10G,

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:03:47 -0700

Noons wrote:

>So, how do you think IBM will approach the problem with UDB?
>I've got a few ideas, but I'm interested in other opinions.

Depends on how confident/over-confident they are feeling with the purchase of Informix. Since Oracle will have beaten them to market my expectation is that they will try to price just under Oracle so that they can maintain their sales stratey of portraying Oracle as more expensive.

I suspect Oracle won't do it ... but this would be the perfect time to drop the price as low as possible and grab market share. In the end it is marketshare that determines the future of a product and a company not the short-term revenue numbers CFOs worship.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu