Re: Oracle 9i on Windows Server 2003 64 bit

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:48:51 +1000

aaa_at_bbb.com wrote:

> Since posting I have discovered that I can "get" and "run" a sql file
> that contains one create table as long as it does not contain a
> semicolon. Surely Oracle is smarter than this?

I think Daniel's deeper point was that you can't just rock up to a forum like this and demonstrate complete ignorance of the fundamentals, and yet continue to ask for help. You have to be able to help yourself a bit, too.

And were you even to glance at the relevant documentation, you would discover that a file called 'blah.txt' which contains such things as:

create table blah1...
create table blah2...
insert into blah1...

alter table blah2 add....
create index blahidx....
etc etc etc

...could be executed within SQL Plus by the mere expedient of logging on as someone with the correct privileges and then typing

@c:\wherever\blah.txt

"AT" is the symbol you want, in other words. But you do need to invest some effort in this exercise yourself.

You especially can't rock up at a forum like this and start questioning how "smart" Oracle is, unless you want a flame war (and no help) or to be ignored (and no help).

In other words, if you have a question, ask it neutrally, not with a 'this Oracle sh*t is crap' slant.

Regards
HJR Received on Fri Sep 12 2003 - 05:48:51 CDT