Re: OT - with PL/SQL in 10G,

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:35:08 +1000

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1063328897.522103_at_yasure...

> The point of grid computing at Oracle is probably defensive rather than
> offensive.

Too late for that. They were warned many, many times that their pricing policies of a few years ago were suicide. It's here now and nothing is gonna change it.

> Grid computing is being forced on Oracle by Sun, HP, and IBM
> with their competing strategies for dynamic swapping of CPU within the
> data center. And all three vendors will be releasing pieces of the
> capability very soon.

So, how do you think IBM will approach the problem with UDB? I've got a few ideas, but I'm interested in other opinions.

> great job. Now, as I said before, they just need to reprice lower in
> order to recapture marketshare.

IOW, after going through all the trouble of developing a product and a strategy for the future, they *still* have to lower the price. I could have told them before it would be necessary (MOF, I did) and save them a bundle in development costs...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto