Oracle 8.i --> Oracle 9i + Unicode

From: Ed <ed_zep_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2003 03:25:35 -0700

Hi.

We're about to upgrade from Oracle 8.1.7.4 to Oracle 9.2.0.3.

At the moment we're using US7ASCII.

We want to go to Unicode, as we're a university that would like to provide certificates in any language.

Am I right in saying that Oracle 9i is unicode only?

Also, does converting to Unicode automatically increase the database size or does it just increase when the new foreign data is introduced? The reason I ask is that I need to know by what multiple to resize the tablespaces.

Can anyone give me any hints on these?

Many thanks.

Ed. Received on Fri Sep 12 2003 - 05:25:35 CDT