Re: Choosing between Solaris and HP-UX 11i

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_RE-MO-VE.BountifulSolutions.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:08:11 +0000

Morning,

I'll back up everything Sybrand and NetComrade have said. I used to work in a three office company. Our office was HP the others were Sun.

HP - very few, if any, hardware problems over the 7 years I was there and 'in command of the servers'.

Sun - major problems almost on a weekly basis. Memory went phut regularly. CPU borads were replaced more often than I change my shreddies (under pants !) etc.

Management, of course, wanted our office to switch over to Sun boxes. Go figure !

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Delete the obvious bit from my email address to reply by email.