Re: difference between sys and sysman

From: roger <rsr_at_rogerware.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 02:45:36 GMT

> Would it help you understand if I said SYS is to SCOTT what SYSMAN is
> to root? Presumably, you wouldn't expect to find a schema for root
> within the database?... and you won't for SYSMAN either.

Not at all.

But if you turned it around and said
  SYS is to SCOTT what root is to SYSMAN, then I might reasonably be able to infer that SYSMAN is some ordinary OS user account.

And that is why I should not have interjected with my previous comments regarding the user/schema correlation which, while true, were not especially relevant here.

My appologies.

roger Received on Thu Sep 11 2003 - 21:45:36 CDT