Re: differences between t-sql and pl-sql (SQL Server to ORACLE migration)

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:34:56 +0200

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:58:04 +0200, daddy cool <zeewolf_at_angelfire.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>For a SQLServer to ORACLE migration...
>Any information on the differences between T-SQL an PL-SQL is very
>much appreciated.
>Any info on difference between the databases too.
>

>Cees

Oracle has a free migration workbench available on http://otn.oracle.com

The differences have been handled here at nauseam. I will repeat the recommendation to buy Thomas Kyte 'Expert One on One' book, and read the first 3 chapters carefully. It could save your career, or it could drive a DBA crazy when not reading it.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Sep 11 2003 - 15:34:56 CDT