Re: ORA-01031 following install of 8.1.7.4 patch

From: Dave Hau <davehau_nospam_123_at_nospam_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:45:54 GMT

See Metalink Note 69642.1

"UNIX: Checklist for Resolving Connect AS SYSDBA Issues"

"This bulletin lists the documented causes of getting prompted for a password when trying to CONNECT INTERNAL (or as SYSDBA) through "svrmgrl" or "sqlplus". In other words, if you get prompted for a password when trying to CONNECT INTERNAL, use the following to troubleshoot the problem."

Also see Note 1048876.6

"UNIX: Connect internal prompts for password after install"

HTH,
Dave