ORA-01031 following install of 8.1.7.4 patch

From: Steve Ball <steve_at_sdball.com>
Date: 11 Sep 2003 08:29:07 -0700

Hi,

I've spent the last day trying to figure out what's going wrong...

I am running 8.1.7.4.0, having just patched up from 8.1.7.0.0

When I try to connect internal to the database, instead of it just connecting (like it used to do) it prompts for a password, and regardless of what I type, comes back with the "ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" message.

OK, I have reviewed as many prior posts as possible on this issue, here's my log of unsuccesful activities:

OS: Solaris 5.8, 32-bit
Oracle: 8.1.7.4.0

OK, my brief question is how can I just get connect internal to "work" [no pwd prompt] as before? I do notice in the *.aud files [$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit] say I also have 1017 error (which I think is wrong userid/pwd)...

Finally, all of this "stopped working" after installing the 8.1.7.4 patch. I did have some trouble running the runInstaller, so eventually had to relink some of the files by hand [running make at the command line].

Any help, pointers appreciated.

Thanks

Steve Received on Thu Sep 11 2003 - 10:29:07 CDT