Re: OT - with PL/SQL in 10G,

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:37:31 -0700

Billy Verreynne wrote:

>The G in 10G stands for Guaranteed-work-oppertunities.
>
>Is this not always the case with a new Oracle version? It makes things
>"easier and automated" by increasing complexity which requires more
>manual human control & expertise.
>
>Thanks Larry! :-)
>
>--
>Billy

Not from my experience with the product. I am far more impressed with this than the comparable 9.0.1 when it was initially released. Well 9.0.2 too for that matter. If Oracle changes its pricing model to be more in line with the competition this one is going to take back a lot of market-share.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu