Re: Oracle 9i on Windows Server 2003 64 bit

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:35:30 +0200

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> For some regulars here, this will be me merely banging the same old drum,
> but it's times like these you really might want to investigate Vmware. It
> would allow you to create a complete virtual PC within the physical
> confines of your Itanium box... and you could stick any old operating
> system in there, and run boring old 32-bit Oracle on it to boot.

Sorry to contradict you Howard, but... this is from http://www.vmware.com:

Note: VMware Workstation 4 is supported only on host processors and host operating systems running in 32-bit mode; processors and operating systems running in 64-bit mode are not supported.

--
Cris Carampa (spamto:cris119_at_operamail.com)
[Per fare il lavoro di giudice] "devi essere mentalmente disturbato,