Oracle 9i on Windows Server 2003 64 bit

From: <aaa_at_bbb.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:07:33 GMT

Hi,

I have Oracle 9i (9.2.0.2.0) 64 bit installed on an Itanium server running Windows Enterprise Server 2003 64 bit, and I am having trouble creating the tables, views etc for a database.

The 64 bit version of Oracle does *not* include the Enterprise Server Manager. The documentation that comes with Oracle says that you need to use the 32 bit version from a different machine, remotely. I do not have another machine set up with Oracle 32 bit. (BTW, it also does not include the security manager)

The only means I have to create a database is by using the Database Configuration Assistant. This has an option to run scripts as part of the creation process, so I added several "*.sql" files that contain create table statements, but whilst these were in fact run, everything within them failed. So the end result is a database containing only the Oracle system tables, with no application tables.

The sql files have been run successfully on a Solaris server, so the syntax is correct.

I have found documenation on the web that says to create a table, just open a Windows command window and run "svrmgr filename.sql" (as well as a few other steps), but the 64 bit version of Oracle does not include this program. I have searched my whole hard disk for "svrmgr*.*" with no result.

If anyone can suggest a method that I can use to create the tables, views etc., I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Dave Received on Thu Sep 11 2003 - 02:07:33 CDT