Re: Problem with SS7(WinNT) -> O9i(Solaris) Migration

From: Richard Crawford <rcrawford.cow_at_remove_herbivore.unexmail.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:36:12 -0700

Brian Peasland wrote:

> It's been a while since I've used the OMWB, and honestly, I don't want
> to take the trouble to download it again and install it. But I seem to
> recall that you could save your DDL as a script, or at the very least,
> make modifications before you have the OMWB create the Oracle tables for
> you. Isn't that right? If so, then make sure that the tables in question
> are not created with the NOT NULL constraint. Although it would probably
> be a better idea to figure out which column and which rows of which
> table are giving you fits and resolve the issue. If the NOT NULL
> constraint is truly needed to enforce your business rules, then dropping
> it won't be a good idea.

Unfortunately, it won't create the scripts that create the Oracle model until after the Oracle model has been created. In other words, if the model isn't created successfully, then it won't tell you what scripts it attempted to use. Not that I can determine anyway.

Thank you for the suggestion, though. I was hoping to avoid doing this migration by hand, but it looks like that's the way I'm going to have to do it at this point. I'd hoped to have it complete by this point in time. My wife says, "Come on, it's ORACLE! You have to give it time for its tantrums and fusses."

Wish me luck as I dive into the abyss. Received on Wed Sep 10 2003 - 17:36:12 CDT