Re: Holy Smoke!

From: Stu Charlton <stuartc_at_mac.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2003 14:02:59 -0700

> <QUOTE>
>
> I then led the evolution of the technique, for the most part via the Web although also at the XP 2001 conference held
> in Italy in May of that year. AM started out fairly complex and it grew a bit into its current form. In the time since
> I've been applying AM on projects, mentoring people in its techniques, teaching AM courses, and speaking about AM at a
> variety of conferences. The one thing that I've noticed is that many people struggle with its plethora of concepts -
> five values, eleven core principles, seven supplementary principles, thirteen core practices, and eight supplementary
> practices - so it shouldn't be any surprise that some people find AM complex. Sigh.
>
> </QUOTE>
>

> Hehehe! "Sigh" indeed!
> What a sad, sick joke...

I bought the book quite a few months back, thinking it might be interesting, it was just on a whim. I can't really get into it.

Ambler has been trying for quite some time to get into the "guru" game - there were those "Process Patterns" books, for example. Now he's jumped on the Agile alliance bandwagon, but doesn't seem to actually get "KISS"... 5+11+7+13+8 ... ouch.

Though given the unique perspective here, I'd be interested in what people thought of the whole agile process idea, i.e. http://www.agilealliance.com/home and http://agilemanifesto.org .

Cheers
Stu Received on Wed Sep 10 2003 - 16:02:59 CDT