Re: Problem with SS7(WinNT) -> O9i(Solaris) Migration

From: Richard Crawford <rcrawford.cow_at_remove_herbivore.unexmail.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:32:50 -0700

Brian Peasland wrote:

> Somewhere in the migration wizard, you've got a table's column(s)
> defined with the NOT NULL constraint. And then you are trying to push a
> row of data into the table where the value is NULL. Remove the NOT NULL
> constraint if you must push this data into the table, or modify the
> table's column to use a default value instead.

Brian,

Thanks for the input. What puzzles me is that the Oracle model is created by the OMWB as I attempt to migrate the model from SS7. Does this mean that the tables in the SQL Server database are created that way? Do I need to go after our former DBA with a very large axe?

Thanks again.

Richard Received on Wed Sep 10 2003 - 13:32:50 CDT