Re: Setup does not start

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:11:27 +1000

"Dirk Tschentscher" <dirkTHIS_at_REMOVEvolkswagen.de> wrote in message news:bjmk9n$lge6_at_doiweb4.wob.vw.vwg...
> Good morning Danial,
>
> Excuse me (Typo), it's SP 6... on Pentium 4
>
> But it can't be the dll-Bug,
> I copied the CD on the harddisk this with removing the dll and starting
from
> harddisk...
> with the same result
>
> Rgds
> Dirk

No it can't be the dll-Bug, because that affects 8i, and not 9i. So there's no point in removing any dlls at all.

Installs onto a non-clean machine (ie, not freshly installed) can be tricky. Particularly with older versions on Windows. I have no suggestions to help you, I'm afraid... just that you shouldn't be worrying about deleting dlls because that's a total red herring.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Sep 10 2003 - 03:11:27 CDT