Re: ora-12547

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:16:14 -0700

Roger wrote:

>Hi
>I have windows 2000 adv server and oracle 9i in a client-serverapplication.
>I got a ora-12547 error after some time. I have increased the connect_time
>to 30 sec but it dosent help
>Whats wrong
>I suspect f-secure anti-virus application
>Adam

I suspect you are wrong but then you've not provided enough information from which to tell.

Instead of telling us what you think is happening ... post the full Oracle version number (there have been at least 6 versions under the 9i banner) and the complete error messages exactly as Oracle prints them.

Then stop Oracle go into the admin directory, bdump subdirectory, and read the alert log.
Also read at sqlnet.log.

And when you repost ... please explain what you intended by "after some time." It is wholly ambiguous.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu