Re: Automatic startup of multiple instances on one Win2k-Machine??

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2003 15:46:18 -0700

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:<3f5d9725$0$246$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>...

> Things that can cause this behaviour are
>
> 1. The service is set to autostart but the instance isn't, daft as it sounds
> you can configure these seperately

I'm not sure whether it's me or Oracle that is daft (although I'll gladly accept psychotropic prescriptions when dealing with 9iAS), but are they now calling things "instances" that don't have databases associated with them? That's how I'm reading metalink note 243561.1, where they talk about "installed on BOTH Infrastructure AND Mid-Tier instances." Or is it just weird for me because I'm trying to do it on one box? Or did I lose an instance somewheres? Or is there some different definition of home and instance on windows?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
!grok