Re: SYSTEM Tablespace is FULL

From: Hari Om <hari_om_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2003 11:43:49 -0700

THANKS Biran and Daniel for your replies. I would try NOT to repost in different threads. My apologies.

Here is the experient/research I did - please guide me:

I created the DB Manually using a "plain vanilla" script which ONLY mentions datafiles, loggroups and UNDO Tablespace. It then created "vanilla" DB for me. I then executed the scripts "CATALOG.SQL" and "CATPROC.SQL" to populate the data dictionary.

Here is what I see:

USING DBCA to Create Database:

SCHEMAS created are:
CTXSYS, HR, MDSYS, ODM, ODM_MTR, OE, OLAPSYS, ORDPLUGINS, ORDSYS, OUTLN,PM,PUBLIC,QS,QS_ADM,QS_CBADM,QS_CS,QS_ES,QS_OS,SCOTT,SH,SYS, SYSTEM,WKSYS,XDB TABLESPACES Created are:
CWMLITE,DRSYS,EXAMPLE,INDX,ODM,SYSTEM,TEMP,TOOLS,UNDOTBS1,USERS,XDB USERS CREATED ARE: DBCA CREATES AROUND 30 USERS.

CREATING DB MANUALLY

When I create DB Manually, here are my staticis: SCHEMAS Created are ONLY:OUTLN,PUBLIC,SYS,SYSTEM USERS Created are ONLY: DBSNMP,OUTLN,SYS,SYSTEM.PUBLIC TABLESPACES Created are ONLY: SYSTEM,UNDOTBS1

Also, using DBCA my SYSTEM TBLSPC holds around 400MB space and if I create DB Manually, it holds only 150MB

If you compare the above staticis, you will notice a BIG Difference. So my question is if I create DB Manually, WILL I MISS ANYTHING....? Can I simply IGNORE the "extra" stuff which DBCA Created for me.... by creating DB Manually instead....?

Any related informaiton on this is appreciated.