Re: This small query kills oracle 9.2.0.3 (nightmare)

From: Andras Kovacs <andkovacs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2003 11:00:27 -0700

Jonathan, you are right that there are plenty of other staffs in dbms_stats. However the trouble is caused by this "small query" part of the big one.

pga_aggregate_target is the parameter that should be used. Oracle will not even talk to you if you use sort_area_size. They advised me to read 3 notes on PGA tuning in Oracle 9.2.

However after having read the 3 notes I still don't understand what oracle messes up when using sort_area_size. This is one of the most basic parameters .... Received on Tue Sep 09 2003 - 13:00:27 CDT