Re: Creating DB Manually

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:18:48 -0700

Hari Om wrote:

>Thanks Rauf.
>
>I created the orapwd file and later connect as but get Error wonder why:
>SQL>conn sys/password as sysdba
>ERROR: ORA-01031: insufficent privileges
>
>I am logged as the "oracle" user
>
>Any related info. on this is appreciated.
>
>THANKS!
>

><snipped>

Since you asked for it:

  1. Take a class
  2. Buy a book
  3. Try to sort these questions out at http://tahiti.oracle.com before asking
  4. Find a tutor

This group can not substitute for formal education. The things you are asking we cover in my classes during the first three hours.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu