Re: installing Oracle on Slackware Linux 9.0

From: Stefan Rupp <st.rupp_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:39:08 +0200

Good evening,

Harald Maier schrieb:
> The 'stat' function is part of the libc library, so I assume it's a
> glibc problem.

Yes, as it seems. It's the glibc from debian unstable, but I need it for other packages to work, so there is no wonder that it fails elswhere.

> Anyway you need the ctxhx program only if you are using
> Oracle*Text. If the installation ends then you should have a running
> installation except Oracle*Text and Oracle*interMedia.

Thanks, that was the information I was actually looking for (I should have asked for it explicitely, shouldn't I?). I am sure this will be no problem for our application then.

Regards,
Stefan Received on Mon Sep 08 2003 - 13:39:08 CDT