Re: Several instances

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:03:03 +0200

On 8 Sep 2003 05:28:38 -0700, shishin_at_nvisiongroup.ru (Dmitry) wrote:

>Hello!
>
>Is it possible to run several instances of Oracle on Solaris with two
>independent listeners on different ports, not bases with different
>SID's but different copies of Oracle with different HOME's under two
>different users?
>Help me, if anybody knows how!
>
>Oracle 8.1.7
>Solaris 8 SPARC
>
>Thank you in advance.

Sure it is possible, but why do you want to set up such a nightmarish installation. There is really no need for it, or you must be using some variation of the horrible Sun Cluster software

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Sep 08 2003 - 08:03:03 CDT