Re: Automatic startup of multiple instances on one Win2k-Machine??

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:15:53 +0200

On 8 Sep 2003 01:41:56 -0700, Roman.Schicht_at_atosorigin.com (Roman Schicht) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i have a Win2k-Machine with Oracle 8.1.7 installed. There are multiple
>instances on this machine (5 instances). Every instance has its own
>service set to Automatic. In the registry the "startup"-Parameter for
>every Parameter is set to "true".
>
>The problem is now the following:
>
>At boot-time only the instance is started up, that is set in the
>registry-parameter ORACLE_SID. The other Services are running too, but
>the instances are not started.
>
>BUT!! if i restart such a service manually the database ist started!!
>Only at boottime the instances are not started with the service...
>

>Normally i am on UNIX and there is a oratab-file where the
>startable-instaces are listed.
>
>Does anyone know how to start multiple instances at boot-time??
>
>KR
>
>Roman Schicht

Please check the alert log of the other instances (preferably before posting) as to what is going wrong.
IMO, anyone even considering to run 5 instances on any Windoze platform should have a mental checkup.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Sep 08 2003 - 04:15:53 CDT